Abbey Mill Childcare Ltd is a purpose designed nursery within the Abbey Mill Business Centre, Seedhill Road, Paisley. The nursery is easily accessible on foot, by car or public transport. We are also close to the airport and M8 and our ample parking facilities make us one of the best nurseries in Glasgow and an ideal choice for commuting parents.
Abbey Mill Childcare Ltd is an 85 place nursery, which has been registered with the Social Care and Social Work Improvement Scotland (SCSWIS) (Previously known as the Care Commission) since June 2004. We also operate in Partnership with Renfrewshire Council providing funded placements for Pre-school children, following their third birthdays.
The nursery provides a professional childcare service, offering full and part-time childcare for children aged 0-5 yrs. We provide a wide range of early opportunities for babies to pre-schoolers to enhance learning, growth and development. This is offered alongside affection, care and nurturing. The nursery is dedicated to the development of children in a fun, safe and caring environment and is therefore one of the premier nurseries in Paisley.
Proprietor: Meg Daly
As a mother of three children I understand the importance of finding good quality childcare and, with this in mind, I am striving to take some of the hassles and concerns out of choosing a nursery by providing a service which is very much child and parent orientated. I am a Qualified Childcare/Lead Practitioner, holding a Degree in Early Childhood Practice, HNC in Childcare and Education, SVQ Level 4 Management Qualification and Montessori Teaching Diploma. With over 26 years' experience in the childcare sector I have worked within various settings and have also been a user of childcare for my own children. I have seen all aspects of the business and I use my experiences, as a childcare professional and a mother, to provide a service which benefits all those in our care.
Aims of Abbey Mill Childcare Ltd in Paisley
The aims of Abbey Mill Childcare Ltd are to:
- Develop a curriculum suitable to each individual and to introduce new activities and resources to further develop learning
- Create a quality childcare provision, catering to the individual needs of all those in our care and their families
- Build a strong and committed team of childcare workers
- Develop good relationships with all parents/carers and encourage parental involvement in all aspects of the nursery
- Continually monitor the day to day running of the nursery to ensure we are providing the best possible care
- Promote a positive ethos throughout the nursery
For the children we aim to:
- Provide a safe and stimulating environment for their overall welfare
- Encourage the development of their emotional, social, physical, creative and intellectual development through fun and educational activities
- Promote their welfare at all times
- Encourage exploration and discovery within a stimulating environment
- To create and extend opportunities for play
- Encourage and respect their thoughts and ideas
- Encourage their input in the organisation of the playrooms
- Create a fun environment through which they can develop and grow
For the parents we aim to:
- Keep them safe in the knowledge that their child being cared for in a happy, fun and stimulating environment
- Meet the needs of each individual child and their families
- Encourage communications between home and nursery through notice boards, newsletters and parents evenings
- To adhere to an 'Open House' policy at all times
- Plan an individual programme of activities to meet each child's individual needs
- Ensure that their child has fun!
For our staff we aim to:
- Provide a happy and safe working environment
- Offer the opportunity for good initial support through our recruitment and individual induction programmes
- Continue with this support through our Appraisal systems and 'Open Door' policy
- Provide for staff development through internal and external training sessions
- Offer full management support in all areas of their employment
- Listen to and value their contribution to the nursery